Frequently Asked Questions
HomeGrown Cup 2023
After a succesful, first ever, HomeGrown Cup Weekender, we’re back this winter with an outdoor only (weed and extracts need to be from outdoor) edition again on December 16. With one rule adjustment: you don’t need to also enter the flower category to compete in the extracts categories. You only need to show us one bud of the starting material on December 14 when you hand in your samples.
Can I buy tickets to this event?
No, unlike during the Weekender last summer, tickets will not be available for the public. This is due to the limited space (everything will take place inside the venue).
Competitors on the other hand must pay 100 euros per entry to enter the HomeGrown Cup 2023 Winter Edition. For each entry, you get a judge pack. For every entry, you also get a goodiebag including a t-shirt.
How much do I need to enter?
You can find the quantities in the registration form. You cannot send in your entry through the post. After your registration is confirmed, we will communicate how and when you bring your entry (or multiple) and pay your registration fee.
HomeGrown Cup History
- 2015 saw the first edition of the HomeGrown Cup, leaning on an old tradition of celebrating the annual agriculture harvest at the end of the season.
- The 2016 edition was held on December 17, 2016 in Eindhoven (the Netherlands).
- The 2017 edition was held on December 2nd, in Tilburg (the Netherlands).
- The 2018 edition was held on December 15 in Eindhoven (the Netherlands).
- In 2019 we did two cups in one year for the first time, on June 15th and December 21st.
- In 2020, due to the COVID pandemic we did the HomeGrown Cup 2020: Home Edition.
- In 2021 we did an Indoor & Outdoor event in December.
- In 2022 we organised two event: in the summer for indoor, in the winter for the outdoor.
- In the summer of 2023 we organised for the first time a multiple days event: The HomeGrown Cup 2023 Weekender.
- In the winter of 2023, December 16 the winter edition solely for outdoor grown weed and extracts will take place.
HomeGrown Cup in the Media
‘Een big shout out naar de organisatie om het dit jaar mogelijk te maken en growers een podium te geven.’
‘Het leuke van een evenement als de Homegrown Cup is het contact met de andere deelnemers.’
‘The 2017 HomeGrown Cup was a perfect example of how cannabis goes beyond healing individuals and can heal communities, too.’
‘At a secret location in the Dutch city of Eindhoven last month, around 70 cannabis growers, concentrate producers, and cannaseurs gathered to take part in the second annual Homegrown Cup. Their charge: Judge entries in four different categories: outdoor, indoor, traditional hash, and concentrates. (…)’